Travel by your own is very easy. In this article we will show you how much does it cost to travel to Cyprus. We will calculate expenses for 1 person for 10 days in summer 2019. It will be easy for you to calculate a trip cost for any number of people and duration.
How much does it cost to travel to Cyprus
Let’s calculate cost of an independent trip to Cyprus resorts in summer time 2019.
Flights to Cyprus
How much does flight cost to Cyprus from your country? We recommend to check Jetradar for the best deals.
Price for accommodation on Cyprus€110-280 per person
Price for living vary widely on Cyprus. Final cost depends on season, location and service. The cheapest way is to book an apartments for a long period. On Cyprus you can find many apartments for rent through Booking.com or Hostelworld.
Price for food on Cyprus€280 – 550 per person
Prices in cafes and restaurant on Cyprus are approximately the same like in the mainland of Europe, but quality is worser.
If you rent an apartment, so you can considerably save cooking by yourself. Cost of many products is similar to the mainland of Europe. You can by some products by cheaper price, and some products by higher price.
On Cyprus you can eat in the hotel, in cafes, restaurants or buy food in supermarkets. We didn’t like food in our hotel. If you would like to eat in the hotel, so we think it will be better to look at 5 stars hotels. Budget hotels will disappoint you with quality of food.
Prices for food in cafes and restaurants:
For lunches we were choosing cafes with good reviews. For sure prices at other restaurants and cafes can vary greatly.
- Breakfast is €7
- Business lunch starts from €9.5. Frankly speaking, we do not eat a lot, so usually we order 1 business lunch for 2 of us. In the nearest cafe we ordered 1 business lunch: fish or meat with fresh vegetables and fresh juice. Portion was really big and we were glad to order only 1 business lunch.
- Lunch with traditional dishes (snacks with olives, salad, potato, main dish, coffee or tee) – €17-20
- Cypriot cuisine – €12-15
- Fresh fish dishes – €12-21
- Fresh salad – €5
- Hamburger or cheeseburger – €5-8
- Kebab – €7-8
- Soup – €5-7
- Spaghetti – €7-10
- Coffee, tea or cappuccino – €2-4
- Still or sparkling water or juice – €1-3
- Beer – €4, glass of wine – €4-5
- Liqueurs – €3, aperitif – €4, cocktails – €4
- Desserts – €3-5
- Ice-cream in cafe: 1 scope – €1,5, 2 scopes – €2,9, 3 scopes – €4,2
Prices for food in shops and supermarkets:
Several time we bought food in Lidl. So we can share with prices for some products:
- Olive oil, 1 liter – €5-10
- 10 eggs – €2,5
- Butter, 200 g – €1,8
- Sliced cheese – €1,4 – €3
- Sliced ham – €2,5 – €4
- Potato, 1 kg – €2
- Tomato, 1 kg – €2,3
- 1 cucumber – €1
- Packed salad – €1,5 – €2
- Pork, 1 kg – €4 – €8
- Bread – €1 – €2
- Been in can – €0,4 – €1
- Red or white bottle of wine – from €3
- Chocolate – €1 – €2
- Juice, 1 liter – €1,5 – €2
Cost of our picnic on Cyprus provided by Lidl:
- Sliced Maasdam cheese – €1.99
- Fresh baguette with garlic – €0.89
- White chocolate, 200 g – €1.79
- Bottle of fresh juice, 1 liter – €1.39
Prices for transport on Cyprus€70 – 210 per person (rent a car or public transport)
Price varies greatly depending on the cost of transfer from the airport, transfers by public transport or by a rental car. If you are traveling by your own, so you can reach your place by a joint shuttle.
As an example, shuttle from the airport Larnaka to Ayia-Napa will cost you €12.5 per person. You can find a suitable shuttle from the airport to your place in Intui.Travel.
You can find the best offer for your transfer from the airport in KiwiTaxi.
When you reach your place, you can use public transport (€1.5) or intercity buses (from €7). But hardly you can see many interesting places in comperison with rented car or excursion.
Cyprus will surprise you with a price for rental cars. Even during a high season you can find really cheap variants. For sure if you rent a car in advance, then you can find a car with automatic gearbox like Nissan Micra with the price per day starts from €15. So you also can pick up a car from the airport and save money on transfer.
Best deals you can find in Myrentacar. This aggregator works with small rental companies. So Myrentacar can offer you the best options for your trip on Cyprus.
When you rent a car, you need to consider the cost of fuel. Average price for 95 petrol on Cyprus is €1.2 per liter. If you drive about 100 km per day, then you have to pay about €90.
Price for excursions and entertainments on Cyprus€28 – 140 per person
Price for excursions and entertainment on Cyprus is different. You can pay nothing travelling by your own on a rented car. You can pay a lot booking excursions and entertainments when you arrived on Cyprus.
Cost of excursion on Cyprus
- Paphos city tour – €15 per person
- Limassol city tour – €50
- Car tour in the south eastern part of Cyprus – €100 per car (up to 4 people).
- Car tour to Salamis, Farmagusta and the ghost quarter of Varosha – €138 per car (up to 4 people).
Cost of entertainments on Cyprus
- Water parks tickets in Limassol, Paphos or Ayia-Napa for a whole day – €30 for adult and €15 for children.
- Rent a quad bike starts from €40 per day.
- Sea walk starts from €30 for adult and €20 for children
- Donkey safari – €45 for adult and €25 for children
- Bicycle rent starts from €5 per day
If you would like to check price for the entertainment on Cyprus, then we offer you to visit GetYourGuide
How much does it cost to travel to Cyprus by your own
So, let’s calculate how much money do you need for 1 person to travel to Cyprus by your own:
- Accommodation €110-280
- Food €280 – 560
- Transport €70 – 210
- Excursion and entertainment €30 – 140
Can be interesting:
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: